- Write two words on the board that speak to what you’d like to discuss today. Include your name by both of them.
- In groups, choose at least 3 of the words on the board and prepare a brief discussion of them: why are they important? How do they relate to one another? Which specific passages from The Information will help us understand (cite them specifically and be ready to read them)?
- Jacquard Loom, from the Victoria and Albert Museum, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6NgMNvK52A
- Difference Engine #2 in motion, https://youtu.be/BlbQsKpq3Ak?t=12m10s
- Shorter but prettier DE video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be1EM3gQkAY
Back Pocket Exercise
Write an algorithm for completing a fieldbook assignment
Left back pocket exercise