Wrapping up discussion of print
- clarify the timeline
- set the stage for changes in C19
In the three readings from the nineteenth century, what is the best argument made against the novel and why?
Discussion of Unessays
- Provide samples from previous classes
- take questions
Back Pocket Exercise
- Read “I Have Forgotten How to Read”
- how does this line up with your experiences? Has sustained, focused reading become harder given the ease and pervasiveness of technological distractions?
- If, say, novel reading has become more difficult–does it matter? So what if a specific genre disappears?